Diploma in Information Technology (External)
ICT Center of Wayamba University of Sri Lanka, Kuliyapitiya has initiated several IT related courses in the view of educating the general public of the surroundings by utilizing its human resources and modern infrastructure.
According to the big demand, availability of knowledgeable resource personnel and modern computer laboratories, the ICT Center of Wayamba University of Sri Lanka, Kuliyapitiya intends to launch “Diploma in Information Technology” that leads to envisage Higher Diploma in Information Technology. Applicants who successfully complete 12 month taught courses and project work are eligible to receive the Diploma in Information Technology (DIT)
Upon completion of DIT, aspirants will be able to
- Develop a firm grounding in the field of Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Equipped for faster, more effective computer work in the office or at home.
- Select an appropriate ICT related field for further studies.
- Use ICT tools with due respect to ethical and social norms
- Promote career prospects.
Minimum Requirements to Apply for the Course
Educational Qualifications; Passed the G.C.E. (O/L) examination with English and Mathematics or Certificate in Computer Applications & Skills Or
Qualifications other than those listed above may be acceptable case by case to the Board of Study & the Senate. On acceptance of the Board of Study, a person shall forthwith register as a DIT of the University upon payment of prescribed registration and other fees.
- Age Limit: 18 – 55 Years.
- Duration of the Course – 12 months–weekends. (49 weeks– On Sundays from 8.30 a.m. to 3.30 p.m.) Classes will not be held on public holidays.
- Number of Contact Hours – 6 hrs. x 49 weeks = 294 hrs. (Maximum)
- Venue – ICT Center, Kuliyapitiya Premises, Wayamba University of Sri Lanka
A selection test and an interview will be held to select suitable applicants.
- Concepts of IT
- Office Applications
- Database Management
- Information Systems
- Internet, email and Internet Communication
- Ecommerce Application
- Computer Security essential, Ethics and Computer Management
- Web Development
- Computer Networking
- Introduction to Programming
- Rapid Application Development using VB.Net
- Project Analysis & Design
- Software Project Development
- Introduction to Project Proposal Writing and Report writing
- Project Development & Supervision
- Final Project Presentation & Evaluation